How to install Yarock Music Player V 1.2.0 on Ubuntu 16.04
To install Yarock Music Player V 1.2.0 on Ubuntu 16.04
Yarock is a modern looking music player, packed with features, that doesn’t depend on any specific desktop environment. Yarock is designed to provide an easy and pretty music browser based on cover art. Yarock is easy to build with a minimal set of dependancies, and offers the choose of different audio back-end.
- Browse your local music collection based on cover art with multiple views : artists, albums tracks, genre, years views, folders and files
- Smart playlist generator
- Simply drag and drop from music browser to playqueue
- Easy search and filter music collection
- Rate tracks, albums or artists
- Save song ratings and play counts
- Support multiple music collection
- Multiple audio back-ends (Phonon, vlc, mpv)
- Replay Gain support (phonon)
- Gapless playback (phonon gstreamer, mpv)
- Supports MP3, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, WMA, MPEG-4 AAC music files (depending on audio back-end)
- Audio equalizer
- Simple playqueue with cover and rating
- Minimal window mode
- Mpris 2 interface
- Desktop notifications
- Media shortcut support
- Command line interface
Web radio streaming
- Support best radio stream services (TuneIn, SHoutCast, Dirble)
- Search with TuneIn/Dirble services
- Save your favorites radio
Installing Yarock Music Player V 1.2.0
It is really very essential to add the respective Yarock repo file into your system’s repository.
root@example:~# add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/apps gpg: keyring `/tmp/tmpdw6154zm/secring.gpg' created gpg: keyring `/tmp/tmpdw6154zm/pubring.gpg' created . . . gpg: Total number processed: 1 gpg: imported: 1 (RSA: 1) OK
Once it is done, you shall update the machine by running the following command.
root@example:~# apt-get update Hit:1 http://in.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial InRelease Get:2 http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntuhandbook1/apps/ubuntu xenial InRelease [17.5 kB] Get:3 http://in.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-updates InRelease [102 kB] . . . Fetched 344 kB in 13s (25.0 kB/s) Reading package lists... Done
You shall now install the Yarock music player package by running the following command.
root@example:~# apt-get install yarock Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done The following additional packages will be installed: freepats gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad-faad gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad-videoparsers gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly-amr . . . Setting up libhtmlcxx3v5:amd64 (0.86-1) ... Setting up yarock (1.2.0-0build1~ubuntu16.04) ... Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.23-0ubuntu9) ...
Your Yarock application has been installed, you shall launch it directly from your Ubuntu dash board. Just type its name in the search field to find and launch it.
Once the application is open, you shall start listening your favorite music’s using yarock music player
With this, the installation of Yardock Music Player comes to an end.
Thank you! for using Linux Help.
You find this tutorial helpful? Share with your friends to keep
For more help topics browse our website www.linuxhelp.com
Be the first to comment, we value your suggestions. For further queries please comment below.