This article helps to install Elementary OS 0.3 (Freya) which is an Ubuntu based GNU/Linux distribution with step by step procedure.
1. Burn the Image to a CD/DVD disk or you can make your USB stick bootable.
2. Now insert your bootable media and click boot option from BIOS. Now restart machine to boot.
3. Now select Install Elementary.
4. Now select Continue.
5. Choose the Installation type and click continue.
6. Now select your disk and then click New Partition Table.
7. Click continue after notification about partitioning.
8. At first you create /boot partition then enter size, click Primary partition, the location should be beginning of the Space, use Ext4 now enter Mount Point and click OK.
Custom size of your choice can be entered.
9. To create Swap partition, select Free Space, click + at the bottom left. Enter the size and select swap area in the Use as box and then click OK.
10. Now select Free Space, click + at the bottom left and create Root (/) partition, then commit all the space available. Now Click OK to proceed.
11. Click Install Now.
12. A message reading write changes to disk appears, now click Continue.
13. Select geographical location then click Continue.
14. Choose the Key board Layout.
15. Now create a new user account.
16. Installing the OS and configuring your system will start now.
17. Click Restart now once the installation is completed.
18. The Login screen will appear like this after booting.
Guest session created by default.
19. The Desktop will appear like this.
20. Check the OS-release Information.
21. Basic applications installed by default.
22. The Basic Accessories Installed.
23. The basic applications in Graphics.
24. The Internet Applications has been Installed by default.
25. The Office Application, Office suite should be installed by you if it is required by you.
26. The Sound Videos, System Tools and Setting application.
Elementary OS details.
Thank you! for using Linux Help.
You find this tutorial helpful? Share with your friends to keep it alive.
For more help topics browse our website www.linuxhelp.com
Be the first to comment, we value your suggestions. For further queries please comment below.