How to install the Elementary OS 0.3 (Freya)
To install the Elementary OS 0.3 (Freya), with screenshots
This article helps to install Elementary OS 0.3 (Freya) which is an Ubuntu based GNU/Linux distribution with step by step procedure.
Features of Elementary OS Freya
- Default Desktop: Pantheon
- Supported File System: Btrfs, ext4, ext3, JFS, ReiserFS and XFS.
- Powered by Linux Kernel 3.16
- Installation: Graphical
- Architecture Support: x86 and x86_64Package Management: DEB
- Using systemd (204)
- Using grub 2.02 beta2 (Latest stable release of grub is 2.0).
- Latest Gtk+, Openssh, Openssl, Python, Samba, Vim, Xorg-server, Perl, etc.
- Installation is straight and easy.
- Processing is at lightning speed.
- Requires least Maintenance and can be installed virtually anywhere and everywhere
- Beautiful set of themes and wallpapers. Great combination of design and appearance.
Start installing Elementary OS 0.3 Freya
1. Burn the Image to a CD/DVD disk or you can make your USB stick bootable.
2. Now insert your bootable media and click boot option from BIOS. Now restart machine to boot.
3. Now select Install Elementary
Now select Continue.
5. Choose the Installation type and select continue
6. Now select your disk and then click New Partition Table.
7. Click continue after notification about partitioning
8. At first you create /boot partition then enter size, click Primary partition, the location should be beginning of the Space, use Ext4 now enter Mount Point and click OK.
Note: Custom size of your choice can be entered
9. To create Swap partition, select Free Space, click + at the bottom left. Enter the size and select swap area in the Use as box and then click OK
10. Now select Free Space, click + at the bottom left and create Root (/) partition, then commit all the space available. Now Click OK to proceed.
11. Click Install Now.
12. A message reading write changes to disk appears, now click continue
13. Select geographical location then click Continue
14. Choose the Key board Layout
15. Now create a new user account
16. Installing the OS and configuring your system will start now.
17. Click Restart now once the installation is completed.
18. The Login screen will appear like this after booting
Note: Guest session created by default.
19. The Desktop will appear like this
20. Check the OS-release Information.
21. Basic applications installed by default
22. The Basic Accessories, Installed
23. The basic applications in Graphics.
24. The Internet Applications has been Installed by default.
25. The Office Application. Office suite should be installed by you if it is required by you.
26. The Sound Videos, System Tools and Setting application
Elementary OS details
Thank you! for using Linux Help.
You find this tutorial helpful? Share with your friends to keep it alive.
For more help topics browse our website www.linuxhelp.com
Be the first to comment, we value your suggestions. For further queries please comment below.