How to install QOwnnotes On Ubuntu 16.04
To install Qownnotes On Ubuntu 16.04
QOwnNotes is an open source and cross platform (GPL) plain-text notepad with markdown support and todo list manager. It works along with the notes application of ownCloud or Nextcloud. This tutorial sheds light on the installation of QOwnnotes on Ubuntu.
- Sub-string searching of notes is possible and search results are highlighted in the notes.
- External changes of note files are watched (notes or note list are reloaded).
- Restores trashed notes and older versions of your notes from your ownCloud server.
- Dialog box to show the difference between current note and externally changed note.
- Markdown highlighting of notes and a markdown preview mode.
- Compatible with the notes web-application of ownCloud and mobile ownCloud notes applications
- Support for freedesktop theme icons
- Supports sharing notes on ownCloud server
- Theming support for the markdown syntax highlighting.
- Supports hierarchical note tagging and note subfolders
The initial step is to add the Qownnotes package into repository via PPA. Use the following command for the same purpose.
[email protected]:~# add-apt-repository ppa:pbek/qownnotes Press [ENTER] to continue or ctrl-c to cancel adding it gpg: keyring `/tmp/tmpu_r_swgx/secring.gpg' created gpg: keyring `/tmp/tmpu_r_swgx/pubring.gpg' created . . . gpg: Total number processed: 1 gpg: imported: 1 (RSA: 1) OK
Once it is done, update the machine with the help of following command.
[email protected]:~# apt-get update Hit:1 http://in.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial InRelease Get:2 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-security InRelease [102 kB] Hit:3 http://ppa.launchpad.net/clipgrab-team/ppa/ubuntu xenial InRelease . . . Get:9 http://in.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-backports InRelease [102 kB] Fetched 333 kB in 4s (75.9 kB/s) Reading package lists... Done
Once it is done, install the QOwnnote package.
[email protected]:~# apt-get install qownnotes Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done The following additional packages will be installed: libqt5xmlpatterns5 . . . Processing triggers for hicolor-icon-theme (0.15-0ubuntu1) ... Setting up libqt5xmlpatterns5:amd64 (5.5.1-2build1) ... Setting up qownnotes (17.02.6-1ubuntu3ppa1~xenial1) ... Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.23-0ubuntu3) ...
Open the QOwnnotes from Ubuntu dashboard.
Type text documents in Qownnotes.